01 02 03 Scattered Confetti: My first December Daily Album Using the [Gossamer Blue December Memories Kit] - Customising Your Album. 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

My first December Daily Album Using the [Gossamer Blue December Memories Kit] - Customising Your Album.

34
Soo.. this year I'm trying my hands at creating a December Daily®/December Memories album for the first time! The past two or three years I just didn't have enough time to a) create an album and b) do enough "exciting" things and take photos that I could actually use for such an album.

This year, however, it's the first time in ages that I can actually enjoy the holiday season a bit. As you might have read on IG, I finally finished my teacher training and passed my final exam so I am now officially a teacher. This of course still means a lot of work but a lot less work than I've had in the past 1,5 years!

December Daily by ScatteredConfetti with December Memories kit
December Daily by ScatteredConfetti with December Memories kit

Anyways, I was already thinking about doing a DD album this year but I wasn't entirely sure what kit I should use or if I should make my own. When I saw the Gossamer Blue December Memories kit, I knew I needed to use this one! It has the perfect colour scheme for me (not too traditional but still some red, green and white but mixed with black, mint and pink), lots of fun and bold patterns AND a big part of it was designed by Liz Tamanaha, the mastermind behind Paislee Press aka the person who made the two bestest (yes, that!) Project Life Core kits EVER (the Midnight Edition and the Everyday Edition, duh) - so it just had to be good!! And oh my, it is good.

First of all, the kit is chock full with patterned papers, journaling cards, embellishments and it includes an album and a whole bunch of different designs of page protectors. Plus, you get the 2015 December Memories class taught by Beshka Kueser (and guests) with it!! I really cannot stress it enough, but this kit is all you need to make a beautiful December Memories album!

December Daily by ScatteredConfetti with December Memories kit
December Daily by ScatteredConfetti with December Memories kit

The cute stamp set was designed by the awesome Kellie Winnell and was included in the December Memories class (while supplies last).

Okay, I guess I've talked enough about the "basics".. Let me show you what I did with my album. I really liked the size of it (6x8" and a nice thick/wide/? spine that fits lots and lots of pages) but I wasn't a big fan of the design. Red really isn't one of my favourite colours and I prefer white over kraft, so I decided to paint the kraft chipboard cover white (I used white acrylic paint, one layer was enough).

December Daily by ScatteredConfetti with the December Memories kit

December Daily by ScatteredConfetti with December Memories kit

To cover the red fabric I used copper acrylic paint. I'm actually really impressed with my acrylic paint because it only needed one layer to cover the red fabric and the white letters on the fabric AND it really shines - I can't stop staring at it :D

December Daily by ScatteredConfetti with December Memories kit

Although I already made my album before I saw Caylee's blogpost on customising your album on the Gossamer Blue blog, my process was basically the same.

I'm not sure if I'll keep my cover like that (I only put the doily and the wood veneer phrase on the cover for the photos, without adhering them) or if I'll add anything but I'm sure I will keep it simple.

December Daily by ScatteredConfetti with December Memories kit

I haven't printed any photos yet because I didn't get that many good ones so far (on some days I didn't take any) so I still need to come up with a Plan B. I was thinking about taking some photos that don't correlate with a specific day, like a screenshot of my Pinterest Christmas board, my collection of wrapping papers or things like that, that I can use for days where I have no photos.

I'll be sure to show some more peeks into my album here on the blog and on my Instagram.

What about you, have you ever made a December Daily® album (and completed it ;) )? Are you doing one this year? If so, what kit or products are you using and what's your approach?
Do you have any advice for me as a newbie?

Labels: , , , , ,

35 36 37 38