01 02 03 Scattered Confetti: Some colourful [Elle's Studio Layouts]. 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Some colourful [Elle's Studio Layouts].

34
Remember how I told you yesterday that I'd be going to scrap a bit? I did!! And I made three layouts. THREE layouts in one evening! That's more than I've made in the past two or three weeks...

As I was going through my stash to do some purging and cleaning up, I found that I had way too many Elle's Studio goodies lying around unused. It's not that I don't like them or something, it's just that in the past few months I didn't get to do much scrapping that wasn't Design Team related. Don't get me wrong, I love being on the various Design Teams, but it's just that I had to set priorities. And that meant first finishing the projects for the teams and then, if there is any time left, scrapping only for myself.

So yesterday evening I decided that it was time to put some of those products to good use to see which I'd be keeping and which ones would end up in the great purge ;)

Before I did that though, I took advantage of the deserted streets and sidewalks and the powdery white snow outside and took a walk with my camera to snap some photos (that I could then use on some layouts :D). One of those photos was then used for the first LO of that evening. When I had it finished, I wasn't very satisfied with how it turned out.. But when I photographed the LOs this morning, I rather liked it :) This shows, sometimes you just have to put something to the side and sleep on it and everything will be fine ;)

(You can find more detail shots of all the layouts in my gallery here)

The other two layouts have nothing to do with winter. Quite the contrary! After seeing so many winter and Christmas themed projects all over the place (and working on them myself), it felt so good to use those bright and cheerful papers and tags from the Elle's Studio "Shine" collection!
I don't know about you, but as soon as Christmas is over I start to feel a need for bright and fresh colours!


(You can find more detail shots of all the layouts in my gallery here)

When searching for the right summer photo to use for this collection I stumbled across the many pictures I took of my scrapbooking goodies or projects and noticed how they would be perfect for it as well! :)



This is the second one using the "Shine" collection. And when I'm not documenting donuts, I'll scrap about ice cream :D
The layout itself is simple: I cut out a few 2x2 squares from the patterned papers, glued them onto the cardstock (all slightly overlapping and a bit crooked, I didn't want them to be neatly arranged) and then stitched over them. Last but not least some ink splodges, enamel dots and wood veneers for good measure, and the LO is done ;)




(You can find more detail shots of all the layouts in my gallery here)

Aaah, just looking at those layouts makes me feel like summer already! :) 

What about you, do you also feel attracted to all the light and bright colours, now that Christmas is over? Or are you still in full Christmas swing and can't get enough of using all the products?

Products used:
Elle's Studio "Good Cheer" collection (Layout 1)
Elle's Studio "Shine" collection (Layout 2+3)
American Crafts "Amy Tangerine - Plus One" Alphabet Stickers (Layout 2+3)
American Crafts "Amy Tangerine - Plus One" Rub ons (Layout 3)
Doodlebug "Teensy Type" Alphabet stickers, bumblebee (Layout 3)
Freckled Fawn "Wood Chips" Stars & Such (Layout 1-3)
and some more bits and pieces from my stash ;)

Labels: , , , ,

35 36 37 38