01 02 03 Scattered Confetti: Get Messy. [No. 8] 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Get Messy. [No. 8]

34
This week's Get Messy pages might just be my favourite ones so far! They have glitter, lots of white space, nice quotes and pretty photos - what's not to love about that?

I didn't have a final vision of the pages, rather they are a good example for a case where everything just seems to fall into place.


I started the first page by putting some structure paste on a star mask from Studio Calico. When it had dried, I added the two strips of crêpe paper and then found this photo of my favourite kind of flowers (peonies) and just put it onto the crêpe paper. This quote was flowing around somewhere in the back of my mind, so I searched my Pinterest board for the exact words, wrote it in Word (font is American Typewriter), printed it and cut out the strips. Then I thought the page was finished, but a few hours later, when I was looking at it again, I thought it could use some glitter (because, why not??) and added this strip of golden glitter tape. The moment I put it down on the page I knew it was just perfect - I love this page!


For the second page I used almost the same "recipe" - just minus the crêpe paper. This page is a reminder for me and my biggest dream that I am constantly thinking about, spending many hours each day daydreaming, making plans and really wishing for it to come true..

So, that's it about my pages this week. Now you should really go check out what all the other talented ladies created! :)


Get Messy is an art journal challenge where a gang of crafty vixens are sharing art journal pages we have created to practise our skills and push past our creative limits with hopes to inspire. We share our pages without restraint every week, and once a month we create around a prompt. Go check out these crazy talented ladies who are creating pages who each have a unique perspective and style. We will be sharing our work around social media so follow the hashtag #getmessyartjournal.

Labels: ,

35 36 37 38