01 02 03 Scattered Confetti: Get Messy. [No. 4] 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Get Messy. [No. 4]

34
As I told you yesterday, I don't have much time to dedicate to scrapbooking or working with all my pretty papers and things at the moment. And this is why I am especially grateful and happy that I joined the Get Messy family! When you join the group you committ to creating and sharing at least two art journal pages each week. And because I don't want to let down the other girls in the group and because the whole idea of it is to be accountable for it, I have to take some time to get messy!!

It depends from week to week how elaborate and time-consuming my pages are. It doesn't matter if it took me five minutes to make them or an hour, the time spent on creating these pages is time I invest in myself, in my mental health, my sanity ;) For as long as I sit on these pages, everything else gets pushed aside and I concentrate only on creating.

These pages might be quite simple, but they are loaded with so much meaning for me.




The inspiration for today's pages came from José Gonzalez' song "Stay Alive" (from the "The Secret Life of Walter Mitty" soundtrack - go get it, it's perfection!!). I kept listening to this song over and over again and these lines really spoke to me. Actually, the whole song just gives me goosebumps.

When I heard it for the first time in the movie, I already loved it but I didn't pay much attention to the lyrics. As soon as I got the soundtrack though, I devoured every single word!




Get Messy is an art journal challenge where a gang of crafty vixens are sharing art journal pages we have created to practise our skills and push past our creative limits with hopes to inspire. We share our pages without restraint every week, and once a month we create around a prompt. Go check out these crazy talented ladies who are creating pages who each have a unique perspective and style. We will be sharing our work around social media so follow the hashtag #getmessyartjournal.

Labels: ,

35 36 37 38