01 02 03 Scattered Confetti: Costa Brava. [Crate Paper Mini Album] 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Costa Brava. [Crate Paper Mini Album]

34
Alright, here comes, as promised, the "big" project I made using the Dani Peuss August kit. For this mini album about our trip to the Costa Brava in June last year I used the following things:


The accordion book from the Crate Paper "Open Road" collection, the polaroid frames, thickers and the ephemera bits were all in the kit, so I didn't need to add much more. Just a few enamel dots (I can't do anything without them), some cork stickers, glassine bags and wood veneer bits (can't live without them either).

So, here's what's the result of all these things combined (be warned, lots of photos coming!):


I created this polaroid shaker window by cutting off the packaging of some enamel dots, filling in some sequins, wood veneer bits and some Studio Calico chipboard hearts and also inserting the playlist of the CD we listened to most of the time while driving to Spain :) Then I sealed it with some washi tape and adhered it to the back of that polaroid frame - easy and cute!


In this little glassine bag I put all the left over photos that didn't fit in the album but that I also wouldn't want to miss when looking at it again! :)
You could also use a little bag like this to put in some pieces you collected during your vacation (like tickets, receipts, etc.).


And here's the front and back as a whole:


I'm really happy with how it turned out and after this mini album I still had quite a lot of thickers, ephemera bits and about half of the polaroid frames left! These packages are chock-full of awesome goodies :)

What really helped me make this album in only a few hours (from printing the photos to the finished result) was the "premade" accordion book with some bits (like the pocket on the 4th page, for instance) already on the pages and using the coordinating products. When making a mini I often struggle with deciding on the base of my album (i.e. the papers I want to use, in which order I want them, which size etc.) - this time I didn't have to think about that, it was already done for me :)

What about you: what's your process when making a mini album, how do you decide on the products you want to use etc.? I love making those and would like to do get some tips and tricks from you!


Products used:
Dani Peuss August kit
My Mind's Eye enamel dots
American Crafts arrow cork stickers
Studio Calico "Essentials" chipboard hearts & stars
Studio Calico wood veneer shapes

Labels: , , , ,

35 36 37 38