01 02 03 Scattered Confetti: Happy. [Dear Lizzy LO] 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Happy. [Dear Lizzy LO]

34
Wow.. it's already been a week since I shared the last project here on the blog. The time really flew by and it feels as if the last weekend was just yesterday, but at the same time as if it's been ages since then (totally makes sense, right?).

So, today's layout was made using the newest Dear Lizzy collection "Daydreamer". I made it during my last crop at a friend's place (Hi, Alex! ;) )


I normally don't use a lot of blues - but it just kind of happened here on this layout (starting with the journaling card, then the photo, the strip of triangle paper and the clouds..) and I really like it.
I think it gives the layout some kind of "airy" feeling. What do you think? 


I cut the title ("happy") and the clouds with my Cameo. I love cutting those handwritten words or phrases, I really like the look of it! This was also the first time I tried using gelatos. I'm not much of a mixed media kind of girl, but I wanted to give the clouds some dimension because just plain white they looked quite boring. I like how it turned out, but I can't really see myself going in a mixed media direction.. I just don't know how to use paint. In my head I do have some nice ideas, but when I try to put them down on paper, it always looks as if a 3-year old went crazy with the paint.... 

But oh well, I like the "cleaner" style on my pages, so I guess I can live with that ;)
Don't get me wrong, though. I really like looking at those "artsy" layouts or projects (like Wilna Furstenbergs, for instance) - it's just not something I can pull off.

What about you, do you have a go-to colour combo or a certain colour (combo) you don't use very often? And what scrapbooking style do you prefer - clean, artsy, mixed media..?

Products used:
American Crafts white cardstock
Dear Lizzy "Daydreamer" patterned paper
Silhouette Cameo (cutfiles from the Silhouette store)
We R Memory Keepers enamel shapes
My Mind's Eye enamel dots
Studio Calico pin
Studio Calico "Wanderlust" phrases roller stamp 
American Crafts glitter glue
Sodalicious wood veneer
Kesi Art Pschhiitt Spray (No. 775)

Labels: , , , , ,

35 36 37 38